Biometrics Institute Australia 13th Conference and Exhibition
24 - 25 May 2012 | Amora Hotel Jamison, Sydney
Conference Dinner, 24 May 2012, Charr Restaurant, Sydney (additional registration) & Pre-conference NIST Seminars: Biometrics Standards and Conformity Assessment & Biometric Performance, 23 May 2012, Radisson Hotel & Suites, Sydney
ACCESS CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS (available to delegates only)
This two-day conference is the Biometrics Institute's key Australia event. Over 140 delegates attend to hear supplier presentations, view the technology exhibition and hear from industry case studies and industry experts. In 2011, this included many international guests and delegates from Hong Kong, USA, Spain, UK and Singapore.
PROGRAMME UPDATED - Download now!
International Guest Speakers:
- Patrick Grother, Biometric Standards and Testing Lead, National Institute of Standards &Technology (NIST)
- Fernando Podio, Computer Security Division of the Information Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
- Ann Cavoukian, Privacy Commissioner, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, Canada (Video Presentation)
- Joanne Knight, Senior Business Advisor, Identity & Data Services (I&DS), Department of Internal Affairs, New Zealand
- Ignacio Zozaya, Research Officer, Research & Development Unit Capacity Building Division, Frontex
- Mdm Rafea’ah binti Haji Nahar, Deputy Under Secretary, Immigration Affairs Division, Mnistry of Home Affairs, Malaysia
Lieutenant Bennet Seno, LASD Cal-ID Manager, Los Angeles County Regional Identification System, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Paul Kirkbride, Chairman & Director, Biometrics Institute (Conference Chair)
- Gail Winnett, Director Identity Projects, Department Of Defence – Chief Information Office Group
- Simon Walsh, Coordinator Biometrics, Australian Federal Police
- Andrew Rice, Assistant Secretary Identity Security Branch, Attorney-General's Department
- Jeremy Johnson, Director National Biometric and Child Protection Services, CrimTrac Agency
- Peter McDonald, Chief Superintendent, Victoria Police
- Ted Dunstone, Biometrics Institute Technical Committee
- Geoff Poulton, Biometrics Institute Technical Committee
- Bruno Pattyn, Managing Director, Morpho
- Inmaculada Tomeo-Reyes, R & D Engineer - Identification Technologies, University Carlos III of Madrid & Queensland University of Technology
- Ernest Roughly, Asia Pacific Program Lead, Identity Security and Law Enforcement, Unisys
- Jeff Rouse, Information Systems Development Manager, AUSTAR (Nuance Customer Case Study)
- Bill Perry, Biometric and Identity Solutions Lead, ANZ Region, 3M Australia
- Brian Lovell, Project Leader, National ICT Australia Ltd (NICTA) and University of Queensland
- Despina Filippidis, Senior Research Scientist, Defence Science & Technology Organisation (DSTO, Australia)
- Mohammed Hossny, Research Fellow, Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin Univerity
- Abbas Bigdeli, Technology Manager, Intelligent Surveillance and Smart Sensors, Safeguarding Australia Program, National ICT Australia Ltd (NICTA)
- Kai Imgenberg, Sales Director, Aware, Inc.
- Peter Ives, Business Development Manager, Biometrics and Identity Management, NEC
Sponsorship & Marketing Opportunities
Limited sponsorship and exhibition opportunities still available. Discuss your opportunity with Nadia on +61 (0)2 9431 8688 or email@example.com.
Conference Sponsors & Exhibitors - meet them at the exhibition!
|Platinum Sponsor and Exhibitor:|
|Gold Sponsor and Exhibitor:||Gold Sponsor and Exhibitor:|
|Silver Sponsor and Exhibitor:|
|Premium Sponsor and Exhibitor:||Premium Sponsor and Exhibitor:|
|Preferred News Supplier:|
Conference Dinner | 7.30 - 10pm | 24 May 2012 | Charr Restaurant, Amora Hotel Jamison, Sydney
Limited seating, priority given to Biometrics Institute members
Conveniently located at Amora Hotel Jamison, the Conference Dinner is one of our popular functions. Strictly limited seating for 50 attendees ensures an exclusive audience with your industry peers.
Registration is separate from regular conference attendance and pre-booking is highly recommended as the event sells out weeks prior!
Ticket includes: Pre-dinner drinks, entree and main course followed by tea and coffee
|AU$, Incl. GST||Member||Non member|
|Two Day Conference||$1,050||$1,550|
|One Day Conference |
(either 24 or 25 May)
|Pre Conference NIST Seminar||$440||$600|
Full-time students may enquire for special discounted rates!
The Amora Hotel Jamison, Sydney is offering conference delegates a special rate for a deluxe King/Twin room only rate of AU$235/ night or with breakfast for AU$264.
Booking are subject to availability. To get the special rate please quote the code A-BIO2105 when making a reservation. Visit hotel website for reservations.