Technology Showcase Europe 2013
Identity, Security and Integrity: Trust at Every Level
27 June 2013 | 9.30am - 5.30pm | London, UK
We are extremely delighted that the Royal Bank of Scotland will be hosting this event at their premises at 250 Bishopsgate in London.
This year's event will take a high-level approach to the discussion about future identities and the role of biometrics. There will be an interesting mix of short presentations about how identities are changing, how consumers are responding and whether the biometrics industry is ready to keep ahead.
There will be an 'un-conference' style discussion sessions where attendees can contribute to the topics for discussion by submitting post-it notes throughout the morning of the event.
On the day prior to this event, we are presenting a one-day seminar hosted by Unisys in central London on "Combatting Fraud in Financial Services". Seats are limited and preference will be given to representatives from the financial services sector so contact us quickly.
- Dr Itiel Dror, University College London
- Andrew Rennison, Forensic Science Regulator and Surveillance Camera Commissioner (UK)
Other Confirmed Speakers/Panelists:
- Brigid Whoriskey, Head of Research & Innovation, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Mark Tingey,Global Head of Fraud & Investigations, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Professor Chris Hankin, Director, Institute for Security Science and Technology, Imperial College, London and Chair, Project Lead Expert Group, Foresight Project, The Government Office for Science, London
- Sören Ohrtmann, Manager Strategy and Solutions, Australia Post
- The Hon. Terry Aulich, Privacy Committee Chair, Biometrics Institute
- David Birch, Director, Consult Hyperion
- Richard Hurley, Communications Manager, CIFAS - The UK's Fraud Prevention Service
- Eric McDonogh, Managing Director EMEA, Argus Global
- Elke Oberg, Marketing Manager, Cognitec Systems
- Santiago Uriel Arias, Secretary of Cooperation Board, Spanish Confederation of Savings Banks (CECA)
- Claus Huenting, Vice President Sales EMEA, Cross Match Technologies GmbH
- Andrew Paterson, Senior Technology Officer - Technology, Information Commissioner's Office (UK)
- Glen Wimbury, Border Technology Programme, Border Force (UK)
- Aletta J. Norval, Political Theory, Department of Government, University of Essex
- Lisa Thomas, Psychology & Communication Technology Lab, Northumbria University (UK)
- Mamadou Ba, Marketing Director, Identity Services, Morpho
- Chris Popple, Managing Director, Digital Channels, RBS Retail Bank
- Roberto Tavano, VP Global Sales, Enterprise Security Solutions, Unisys Italy
- Ben Edgington, Senior Technical Manager, Hitachi Europe
- Foresight Future Identities (2013) - Changing Identities in the UK: the next 10 years
- Distributed Cognition Between Humans and Technology
- Regulation of Surveillance Cameras (England and Wales) and the Implications for Biometrics
- Australian Case Study: Performing Identity Verification on Behalf of Government Agencies and Financial Institutions that have resulted in Faster and Improved Service Delivery as well as Reduced Cost and an Increased Customer Base
- ID related Crimes: Data and Fraud
- Mobile Devices as a Vector for Mass-market Biometrics
- User Acceptance and Data Protection
- Beyond Identity: Anonymous face recognition for business intelligence, people flow and intelligent signage
- Combating Fraud in a Changing World
- Lessons Learnt and Future Fraud Prevention
- Privacy - the elephant in the room?
- Mobile Biometric enrolment
- Management of Identities in the Financial Sector
Imprints Project: popular, policy and professional expectations about identity management in the near future
The Biometrics Institute successfully launched this event in June 2012 and is now organising this as an annual gathering of the industry. Close to 70 delegates attended this event which provided an exclusive setting for suppliers to display their latest services and products to their existing and prospective clients.
Drinks Reception Sponsor:
Preferred News Supplier:
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities:
Table top displays are available for this event to meet any budget. Other sponsorship opportunities start from £300 for Members.
To find out more or to become involved as a presenter or sponsor, please contact Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Attending:
This event offers a great setting to experience the latest technologies hands-on without having to make any commitments.
Members: £190 Non-members: £400
Fees are displayed in Great British Pounds and exclude VAT as we are not required to be registered.