8th Biometrics Institute Technology Showcase & Exhibition
27 November 2012 | Hotel Realm, Canberra
Register now at the right of the screen or download registration form
A 2-day Training Course: The Human Element and Cognition in Biometric Identification shall run the day following the Technology Showcase.
In its 8th year, this one day event will provide an insight into the latest developments in biometric technologies.
Delegates will be given access to leading-edge developments in biometrics technologiesthat are able to respond to identity management and security issues. Attend to hear supplier presentations, view the technology exhibition and hear from industry case studies and industry experts.
International Keynote Speakers:
- Dr Itiel Dror, Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University College London (International Keynote)
- Cyrus Daruwala, Managing Director Asia Pacific, IDC Financial Insights, Singapore (International Keynote)
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Paul Kirkbride, Chairman & Director, Biometrics Institute & Chief Scientist, Forensic and Data Centres, Australian Federal Police (Conference Chair)
- Paul Cross, Director, Biometrics Institute and Assistant Secretary, Identity Branch, Risk Fraud and Integrity Division, Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Steve Williams, Deputy Director Battlespace Awareness, Department of Defence
- Stephen Meltz, Director Asia Pacific, Cognitec Systems
- Andrew Rice, Assistant Secretary Cyber and Identity Security Branch, Australian Government Attorney-Generals Department
- Bill Perry, ISO - SC 37 Committee Member
- Lloyd Stewart, Business Development Manager, Australia and New Zealand, Aware, Inc.
- Representative from Morpho
- Terry Aulich, Chair, Privacy Committee, Biometrics Institute
- Sarah Benson, National Security Science and Technology Centre (DSTO)
- Ted Dunstone, Managing Director, Biometix
- Kai Imgenberg, Director International Sales, Aware Inc.
- Biometrics in Banking
- Biometric Interoperability
- National Security Science and Technology Organisation Overview
- Update on International Biometric Standards
- An update on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Brain Friendly Biometric Systems: Effective Distributed Cognition Between Humans and Technology
- Privacy and Biometrics
- Going mobile - The Next Frontier in Biometrics
Sponsors and Exhibitors:
|Preferred News Supplier:|
The Biometrics Institute offers excellent opportunites to showcase latest products and services at this event. As a user group with over 100 membership organisations, you are able to meet key decision makers represented by government, financial services, health services and transport sectors at this event.
If you are interested to become a sponsor or exhibitor at this event, simply email Nadia at email@example.com or call +61 2 9431 8688.
Members of the Biometrics Institute can attend and exhibit at reduced rates. Find out more about membership.
Conference Delegate Registration Fees:
Member: A$340 (incl GST)
Non-Member: A$680 (incl GST)
Full-time Student: A$220 (incl GST)
Biometrics Institute End of Year Dinner
27 November 2012 | The Boat House by the Lake, Canberra
Entertain clients, reward your colleagues or network with your peers at the Biometrics Institute End-of-Year Dinner. Overlooking Lake Burley Griffin at sunset, enjoy a three course meal and drinks and celebrate the year's end. Register now as seats are limited to 50 and may sell out.
(Photo: Attendees at the Biometrics Institute 10th Anniversary Dinner, November 2011, The Boat House by the Lake, Canberra)
End of Year Dinner Registration Fees:
Member: A$150 (incl GST)
Non-Member: A$200 (incl GST)
Fee is inclusive of Pre-dinner Drinks and Canapes, 3 Course Dinner and Drinks.