2nd Identities at the Borders Seminar
The Future of Travel and Movement of People
Tuesday, 29 April 2014, Brussels
Seminar almost fully booked so register as soon as you can if you want to be part of this exciting event. Preference is given to Biometrics Institute members. Not a member yet - it is simple to join.
A 1st Borders Seminar was held on the 7 October 2013 in Brussels and provided an excellent discussion around the future of travel. Attendees confirmed that the discussion needs to be continued in a follow up event which has now been confirmed to provide an independent platform for thought-leadership.
The event will focus on the Future of Travel (Registered Traveller Programmes) and Automated Border Control. As withe the previous seminar, the event will provide a discussion style environment.
It will bring together border agencies, biometric suppliers and the aviation industry. Over 50 delegates attended the first seminar including: Copenhagen Airports, ACI Europe, Federal Police Belgium, Belgian Federal Police, Bundespolizei (BPOL) German Federal Police, Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (KMar) - Ministry of Defence, UK Home Office - UK Border Force, Norwegian ID Centre, IATA and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
Speakers and Panellists (EU Border Issues and Biometrics in international travel) include:
- Frank Paul, Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Home Affairs, European Commission
- Tony Smith CBE , Managing Director, Fortinus and former Director General of UK Border Force
- Raoul Cooper, Technical Architect, Airport Futures & Operations Delivery, British Airways
- Emine Kaya, Advisor, Schiphol Airport
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, European Agency for Operational Management of Large-scale Information Systems
- Ignacio Zozaya, Research Officer, Frontex
- Roger Baldwin, Deputy Chairman & Director, Biometrics Institute and Directorate of Forensic Services, Metropolitan Police UK
- Peter Went, CEO, WCC Smart Search & Match
- Mark Crego, Managing Director, Global Border & Identity Services, Accenture
- Campbell McGhee, Head of Unit, Interpol
- Fares Rahmun, Project Manager, EU Visa Information System, Federal Office of Administration, Germany
- Glen Wimbury, Head of Border Technical Strategy & Capability, UK Border Force
Biometrics Institute member: GBP100.00