Biometrics Institute Asia-Pacific Conference 2014
28 - 29 May 2014 | Dockside, Sydney
Click here for Pre-Conference Workshop
Introduction to Biometrics Short-Course Australia 2014
Click here for Post-Conference Seminar
Digital Identities and Authentication Seminar 2014
ONLY ONE MONTH TO GO!!
In 2014 this special event will be held at Dockside venue which provides a spectacular view of Sydney's stunning harbour side. A premium line up of over 25 international and expert speakers will take the stage to discuss the latest issues around identity, security and privacy. The event will provide you with unprecedented networking opportunities with the who's who of the biometric industry in attendance. An exhibition will run alongside this event and showcase the latest in biometric technologies by some of the best biometric suppliers in the game. Proving to be the best Biometrics Institute event yet, this 2 day conference is one not to be missed!
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Hon. Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection (subject to parliamentary commitments)
- Elizabeth Coombs, NSW Privacy Commissioner, Information and Privacy Commission
- Jim Loudermilk, Senior Level Technologist, Science and Technology Branch, FBI (US)
- Patrick Grother, Biometric Standards and Testing Lead, National Institute of Standards & Technology (US)
- Santiago Uriel Arias, Managing Director, Cooperation Programs, Spanish Confederation of Savings Banks (CECA) (Spain)
- Roger Baldwin, Deputy Chairman, Biometrics Institute & Head of Protective Forensic Services, Metropolitan Police Service (UK)
- James L. Wayman, Professor, Office of Graduate Studies and Research, San Jose State University, (US)
- Arron Baker, Director & Chairman, Biometrics Institute and IGMS Senior User Representative, New Zealand Immigration (NZ)
- Jared Mortlock, Service Manager, Contact Implementation, Inland Revenue (NZ)
- Tony Eyles, Product Development Manager IDVA, Kiwibank (NZ)
- Gavin McCairns, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Identity Branch
- Arun Kendall, Industry Policy, Australian Payments Clearing Association
- Peter Dunstone, Operations Inspector, Forensic Services Branch, South Australia Police
- Troy O'Malley, Forensic Technology Coordinator, Queensland Police
- Simon Pollak, Technical Manager, Westfield
- Andrew Rice, Director, Biometrics Institute, & Assistant Secretary Cyber and Identity Security Branch, Australian Government Attorney-General's Department
- Peng The-Tjoean, Biometrics SME and System Architect Support, Biometric & Health Dev Support Section, Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Identity Branch
- Shashi Samprathi, Manager, Facial Recognition Unit, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Australian Passport Office
- Peter Williams, Adviser - Biometrics & Identity Security Policy, Cyber & Identity Security Branch, National Security Resilience Policy Division, Attorney-General's Department
- John Dardo, Assistant Commissioner, Australian Taxation Office
- Robyn Miller, National Manager, Future Traveller Systems, Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Brett Feldon, Director, Biometrics Institute
- Ted Dunstone, Chair, Technical Committee, Biometrics Institute
Download the programme to see the full list of topics being addressed.
Conference Registration Fees:
Member Rate $1150.00
Non-Member Rate $1650.00
University Subscriber Rate $220.00
University Non-Subscriber Rate $330.00
All prices are in AUD and include GST.
Partners 2014 include:
Contact Kiki on 02 9431 8688 or email email@example.com to find out what branding and speaking opportunities are still on offer.
This year the Biometrics Institute is offering a 2 day Introduction to Biometrics-Short Course facilitated by the well known international biometrics expert, Professor James Wayman. The course will be held on the 26th & 27th May 2014 at the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Sydney.
Novotel and Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour
The Novotel and Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour are offering our Biometrics Institute Asia-Pacific Conference 2014 delegates a 15% discount off their best available unrestricted rates. To receive this discount, contact the Reservations Department directly on 02 92887180 or email Novotel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ibis at email@example.com and quote the group code BIO260514.
*Please note that some weekends may incur a minimum 2 night stay requirement which is subjected to availability at time of booking.
The Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney
The Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney is providing up to 30% discount on their Best Available Rate plus buffet breakfast for one person. Quote Block Code: 140527BIOM and contact the Reservations Department on +61 2 8268 8888 to make bookings.