Showcase Australia 2014
Tuesday 18 November 2014 | 9.00am - 5.00pm | Hotel Realm, Canberra Australia
Please save the date for the next Biometrics Institute Showcase Australia!
*FREE for delegates of the Biometrics Institute Intensive Course 2014.
In its 10th year, a promising line up of national and international expert speakers will take the stage to discuss the latest industry topics and trends. Be a part of the who's who of biometrics and network with key decision makers from government, industry and the biometric user sector.
Held at the award-winning Hotel Realm in Canberra, this one day event will have an exhibition showcasing the latest in biometric technologies.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Paul Cross, Director, Biometrics Institute and Assistant Secretary, Identity Branch, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- James Wayman, San Jose State University
- Michael Lynch, Director, Passport Identity Section and FaBCoE Chair, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Mark Johnston, CEO, NZ Retail
- Louis Chemont, Terminal Planner, Melbourne Airport
- Robyn Miller, National Manager, Future Travel Assistance, Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Stephen Wilson, Managing Director, Lockstep Consulting (FIDO Alliance)
- David Chadwick, A/g Assistant Secretary, Digital Strategy & Solutions Branch, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Arun Kendall, Industry Policy, Australian Payments Clearing Association
- Ted Dunstone, Founder & 1st Chairman, Biometrics Institute
- Geoff Poulton, 2nd Chairman and 1st government representative on the Board
- John Secker, 1st New Zealand Chairman and Director
- Bob Nash, Founding Member
Topics to be discussed include:
- Keynote address: The history of the future of biometrics
- Online customer authentication
- New Zealand’s new immigration system
- Digital Identity for non-citizens
- An update on the Interoperability Framework and Facial Biometrics Centre of Expertise (FaBCoE)
- Building trust models and handling data securely
- The Biometrics Institute Trust Mark
- Introduction to the FIDO Alliance
- Panel Discussion: How to build strong trust models
- Panel Discussion: Customer authentication – How? Who? Why?
- Rapid Fire Discussion “The future of identity management and customer authentication”
- In conversation: The history of the future of biometrics by “The Originals
Networking Drinks - Join us for drinks and nibbles at the end of the day in the Exhibition area. A great way to unwind from the day and hand out those final business cards.
Exhibition opportunities are STILL OPEN for this event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9431 8688 for more information.
Platinum Sponsor 2014
Gold Sponsor 2014
Silver Sponsors 2014
Supporting Media Partner 2014
Supporting Organisation 2014
Member Rate (AUS$) (350.00)
Non-Member Rate (AUS$) (700.00)
University Subscriber Rate (AUS$) (220.00)
University Non-Subscriber Rate (AUS$) (330.00)