Showcase Australia 2015
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 | 9.00am - 5.00pm | Hotel Realm, Canberra
Note the Introduction to Biometrics Short-course on the 16-17 November 2015 in Canberra.
The independent Biometrics Institute proudly presents the Showcase Australia event in Canberra on the 18 November 2015. This annual Canberra event will present the latest biometric applications and technologies in an informal environment with a strong focus on networking.
Its 1 day format allows the biometric ‘community’ of end users, systems integrators and product suppliers to meet and share and exchange information and feedback. It presents a unique opportunity for the Biometrics Institute Supplier Members to showcase their applications, services and products to a special forum of government end-users.
Key Highlights of the Program:
- Find out how biometrics improved service delivery and convenience to clients from John Dardo, A/g Deputy Commissioner and Chief Digital Officer, Australian Taxation Office
- Be updated on the National Facial Recognition Matching Capability from Duncan Andersen, Director, Identity Security Policy at Attorney-General as he shares on progress to develop a national database that will compare faces against images on passports, visas and drivers’ licences. This will improve the ability of all law enforcement agencies to share information and prevent organised crime.
- The use of biometrics at the borders will be presented by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- An update on biometrics and MyGov to be presented by Tam Shepherd, Executive Program Director – Welfare Payments Infrastructure Transformation, Department of Human Services
- A discussion on Trust and Privacy featuring David Watts, Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection, Victoria and Mandy Smith, Head of Agency Services and RealMe, Kiwibank
- Hear from members of the Institute’s Special Interest Groups such as Technology Innovation and Borders
This showcase will feature:
- Knowledge sharing – the Biometrics Institute is a national and international hub for biometrics information
- Share the latest experiences with biometrics by networking with your peers
- Find up-to-date information on biometrics in a forum that focuses on the use of biometrics
- Hear from the experts - the Biometrics Institute attracts a high-level of speakers
- Meet the users and suppliers in one place
Please note the following registration fees.
User = government agency or other user of biometric technologies i.e. financial institution.
Supplier = system integrator, consultant, manufacturer etc
User Member rate, AUD incl GST (450.00)
Supplier Member rate, AUD incl GST (750.00)
User Non-Member rate, AUD incl GST (600.00)
Supplier Non-Member rate, AUD incl GST (900.00)
University Subscribers Member rate, AUD incl GST (220.00)
University Subscribers Non-Member rate, AUD incl GST (330.00)
Sponsorship and Exhibition opportunities available. Contact Steven@biometricsinstitute.org for a full proposal.