Asia-Pacific Conference 2016
Wed - Thurs, 25-26 May 2016 | Dockside, Sydney, Australia and
Pre-conference workshop: Quantifying Face Recognition Performance in Non-cooperative Settings
Now in its 16th year, the Asia-Pacific Conference continues to bring together biometric users from key government agencies, commercial organisations and technology providers to share ideas, discuss the opportunities biometrics offer and implementation challenges.
Whether your objectives are to find out future trends, learn about latest technologies and applications, or gather strategic and technical information, this annual event presents an unparalleled opportunity to meet with the experts in their field.
Representatives from the following organisations have been confirmed for the programme:
Australian Defence Science and Technology Group
Australian Federal Police
Australian Payments and Clearing
Australian Taxation Office
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Immigration New Zealand
Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection
Roads and Maritime Services
US Department of Homeland Security
Explore Critcal Topics
- Transforming the entry/exit process through biometric technology
- Stop thinking of biometrics as security. Start thinking about biometrics as convenience
- Trust and privacy
- Biometrics at the borders
- Digital identity management, security and the role of biometrics
- Identity Management in 2030 – the role for biometrics in delivering integrity and performance for identity chains
- Application of unconstrained face recognition to support law enforcement investigations
- Modernising CrimTrac’s biometric capability
- Advancing law enforcement – biometrics at the AFP
- Research Paper: Person identification from videos – body dimensions biometrics and its applications
PLEASE NOTE: Quantifying Face Recognition Performance in Non-cooperative Settings Workshop
Patrick Grother and Mei Ngan from the National Institute of Standards & Technology(NIST) will join us in Sydney on 24 May 2016, the day prior to the Asia-Pacific 2016 conference to deliver a half-day workshop focusing on facial biometrics.
REGISTRATION FEES (incl. GST):
Please note that preference is given to members and end users. Non-members can register at the non-member fee but spaces will be subject to availability.
Please note the following registration fees.
User = government agency or other user of biometric technologies i.e. financial institution.
Supplier = system integrator, consultant, manufacturer etc
User Member AUD$1190
User Non-Member AUD$1690
Supplier Member AUD$1390
Supplier Non-Member AUD$1890
University Subscribers AUD$220
University Non-Subscribers AUD$330
*Become a member of BI and save. Annual Fees from AU$748 contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.