ID at the Borders Conference (Europe) & Site Visit to Frankfurt Airport
Tuesday - Wednesday, 25-26 April 2017 | Frankfurt Main, Germany
Programme released and registration is open.
A site visit to Frankfurt Airport will take place on Wednesday 26 April. A separate registration for the site visit is required. RSVP is essential as seats are limited. Preference is given to Biometrics Institute border agency members and aviation user members, who are registered to attend the conference. A waiting list is available for others.
This annual event in Europe continues to bring together the critical players in the borders community. We focus our programme on the user perspective and invite key decision makers to provide updates to the industry on border management, travel facilitation and security, migration management and more.
What border strategies are needed to manage the incoming waves of migrants? How can countries and sectors collaborate together through sharing information in advance? How can border agencies manage the floods of refugees ad hoc and in an often challenging environment? How reliable are the documents that are being presented? How can biometrics help with these new challenges?
We are delighted to have confirmed the following speakers:
- Glen Wimbury, BI Board Director and Assistant Director, Border Force Technical Strategy, UK Border Force
- Fares Rahmun, IT-Project Manager, EU VIS and Smart Borders, Federal Office of Administration, Germany
- Mathias Grell, Project Manager, EasyPASS, German Federal Police
- Hans de Moel, BI Board Director and Policy Officer Border Control, Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (KMar) - Ministry of Defence
- Maik Rudolf, Chief Inspector; Federal Police Headquarters, Section Border Police Affairs, German Federal Police
- Philippe van Triel, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Gregor Pelzl, Head of Coordination Office for Migration and PNR; German Federal Police
- Tony Smith, Member of BI Advisory Council and Managing Director, Fortinus Global
- Markus Nuppeney, Official Electronic ID Documents, Federal Office for Information Security BSI, Germany
- Gordon Wilson, President, WorldReach Software Corporation
- Markus Richter, Head of Department 7 - Infrastructure and IT, Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- Tomasz Blasiak, Electoral Expert, UN EAD, OSCE, USAID
- Mick Neville, Founder, Super Recognisers Unit and formerly with Scotland Yard
- Vinh Nguyen-Xuan, Senior Project Manager, Frankfurt Airport
- Guido Peetermans, Project Manager, Smart Security, IATA
- Isabelle Barnett, Senior Project Manager, I-Checkit, INTERPOL
Alexander Castanon Reglero, Senior Policy advisor, Advice & Development, Identity Fraud and Documents Centre of Expertise (ECID), Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (KMar) - Ministry of Defence
If you are interested in sponsorship or speaking opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Platinum: Unisys||Platinum: Safran|
|Airport Site Visit & Demo Desk: Secunet||Gold: WorldReach|
On the afternoon of 26 April, delegates will have the choice of attending the site visit to Frankfurt Airport (limited availability) or participating in two interactive and engaging workshops:
Workshop 1: Super Recognisers
- Use of Super Recognisers to fight crime & terrorism
- Use of Super Recognisers to strengthen our borders
- How Super Recognisers can enhance technology - facial recognition & logo recognition
- How to find the Super Recognisers, who are already in your organisation
- Making sure that your Super Recognisers have access to the images held by your organisation
- Ensuring that countries deploying CCTV and Super Recognisers learn from UK mistakes
Workshop 2: Trends in ID Fraud
Document fraud, impostors and morphing are all forms of ID Fraud. This interactive workshop will focus on some trends and challenges in this field of work.
- ID Fraud: what is it? On different forms of ID Fraud
- Trends in document fraud in Europe
- Using document expertise and intelligence to get to the forgers and criminal organizations
- Impostors and morphing: can you recognize them?
Both workshops above are part of the conference and no separate registration is required.
REGISTRATION FEES: covers 2 days
Please note that preference is given to members and end users. Non-members can register at the non-member fee but spaces will be subject to availability.
Please note the following registration fees.
User = government agency or other user of biometric technologies i.e. financial institution.
Supplier = system integrator, consultant, manufacturer etc
Member User: GBP 600
Member Supplier: GBP 995
Non-Member User: GBP 1050
Non-Member Supplier: GBP 1650
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Am Weiher 20
Delegates can book accommodation with the Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport by completing this accommodation booking form and returning it directly to the hotel. Alternatively, please call +49 (0) 6107 768450 and you are attending the Biometrics Institute Borders Conference.
Room rates are subject to availability.
Want to get a flavour of what was discussed at our previous events? Watch this video: