A company, partnership, statutory authority or government department or other entity which is in the opinion of the Board carrying on business involving the use of or has a substantial interest in the use of biometric equipment or services but is not a supplier of biometrics equipment or services may apply for admission as a User Member of the Institute.
Download membership registration form.
A company, partnership, statutory authority or government department or other entity which is in the opinion of the Board carrying on business involving the supply of biometric equipment or services may apply for admission as a Supplier Member of the Institute. [N.B. If you receive money as a business, consultant or other for advice, technologies or consultant work with biometrics you shall be classed as a supplier (e.g create research reports for distribution, give advice to clients/ organisations, sell technology or integrations services)]
Download membership registration form
Please note: The Biometrics Institute Membership Benefits only apply to active participants. Active participants are individuals who will be nominated by the organisation that is applying for membership and only active participants will be able to take advantage of the membership services. For information on how benefits apply for different categories, download the Membership Benefit Fact Sheet.
University and Research* Subscription
This subscription is targeted at research institutions *(non-commercial nor government agency) and universities which are conducting research in the area of biometrics, identity management systems and surveillance. The institution is required to nominate a main contact who will benefit from the Biometrics Institute member services. The main contact can then share the information with colleagues. The main contact has to be a full-time employee or student of the university. The same also applies to any of the attendees at events.Discounts for events are for university lecturers and students. This subscription offers:
- Free access to an unlimited number of Biometrics Institute member meetings for up to 4 people,
- Free subscription to the 6 weekly eNewsletter for the main subscription contact,
- Free logon to the secure Biometrics Institute website for the main subscription contact,
- 2 free tickets to Biometrics Institute conferences,
- Advertising of key research events on the Biometrics Institute website,
- Participation at Biometrics Institute Poster Exhibitions which run alongside the Sydney conference,
- Attendance at Biometrics Institute workshops at the special rates.
This subscription does not confer voting rights within the Biometrics Institute. Subscriptions may only be conferred at the discretion of the Board.
Download the subscription form