Reasons to become a Member of the Biometrics Institute
- Be seen as a promoter of the responsible use of biometrics;
- Receive guidance in making an informed decision about biometrics;
- Network and share experiences with government, vendors and users of biometric technologies in an unbiased forum of over 200 membership organisations;
- Raise your profile in the industry as well as promote the industry overall;
- Stay ahead of new technology developments and its applications;
- Identify biometric suppliers through the free Biometrics Institute Supplier Directory;
- Use a single point of contact for biometrics and connect with experts in the biometrics industry;
- Receive discounted and free registrations to Biometrics Institute events;
- Reduced rates on advertising and sponsorship through the Biometrics Institute;
- Participate in education and training for biometrics;
- Receive regular updates on current news in the biometrics industry;
- Participate in the development of standards, research, benchmarks and test regimes;
- Provide input into government policy and programs impacting on the industry;
- Address user concerns such as privacy of information;
- Receive reduced fees for Vulnerability Assessments;
- Access support for universities and non-commercial research organisations to promote their R&D;
- Have the right to vote and stand for a position on the Board of Directors*.
Can you afford not to be seen as a Member?
Download Information Brochure.
*The constitution requires the majority of the Board of Directors, the Chairman and Deputy Chairman to be user representatives.