A company, partnership, statutory authority or government department or other entity which is in the opinion of the Board carrying on business involving the use of or has a substantial interest in the use of biometric equipment or services but is not a supplier of biometrics equipment or services may apply for admission as a User Member of the Institute.
A company, partnership, statutory authority or government department or other entity which is in the opinion of the Board carrying on business involving the supply of biometric equipment or services may apply for admission as a Supplier Member of the Institute. [N.B. If you provide advice related to biometrics you shall be classed as a supplier e.g create research reports for distribution, give advice to clients/ organisations, sell technology or integrations services).
Please note: The Biometrics Institute Membership Benefits only apply to active participants. Active participants are individuals who will be nominated by the organisation that is applying for membership and only active participants will be able to take advantage of the membership services.
University and Research* Subscription
This subscription is targeted at research institutions *(non-commercial nor government agency nor linked (perceived to be linked) in any form to a commercial business) and universities which are conducting research in the area of biometrics, identity management systems and surveillance. The institution is required to nominate a main contact and three secondary contacts who will benefit from the Biometrics Institute member services. The main and secondary contacts must be full-time employees or students of the research institution/university. The same also applies to any of the attendees at events. Discounts for events are for university lecturers, students and employees of research institutions. This subscription offers:
- Free access to an unlimited number of Biometrics Institute member meetings for up to 4 people (subject to availability)
- Member/Student rates for conferences, seminars and other workshops
- Free subscription to the Biometrics Institute member mailing list
- Free logon to the secure Biometrics Institute website for the main and secondary subscription contacts,
- Advertising of key research events on the Biometrics Institute website,
- Participation at Biometrics Institute Poster Exhibitions which run alongside the annual Asia Pacific Conference (held in Sydney)