BIOMETRICS WEEK 2019 | 28 October – 31 October 2019 | LONDON | QEII Conference Centre, London Westminster
Attending the Congress will provide organisations with insights that are often not available in any other form. The Institute and its members take this time to catch up on important developments during the year but more importantly to reimagine the future and help prepare ourselves for what lies ahead.
Themes for the congress will include the following but no doubt new topics will still evolve in the coming months which will still be added to the programme as we approach the event:
- Responsible & ethical use – what does this really mean? What kind of world to do we want to live in? How can we influence the direction technology developments are taking? How do we balance security, privacy and convenience?
- Digital identity – What solutions are there? How do you onboard the customer? What are the vulnerabilities and how can they be mitigated? What certification and assurance for new products is available?
- Technology innovation and their application: Artificial intelligence and machine learning, mobile biometrics and what is next? What does it offer?
- Consumer biometrics – how can biometrics contribute to the payment environment and digital transactions? Where else are we going to see biometrics facilitate our daily live? What are the opportunities for health services?
- Intelligent borders and the travel continuum: Entry / Exit and ETIAS – what are the opportunities and challenges? Intelligent borders – pre-checks, data sharing and watchlists.
- Secure documents and how to establish trusted identity
- Biometrics for social enablement: legal identity for all, financial inclusion and protecting children.
- Security and Integrity: Liveness detection, vulnerability assessments, testing and governance. How can AI improve biometric performance?
- Research and innovation in biometrics: present your latest research or recently published paper to the user and vendor community
We hope you can join us at this important event to discuss how we as a community can shape the future of biometrics and make the world a safer place through the responsible and ethical use of this technology.
The full programme for the Biometrics Congress 2019 will become available in the first half of 2019.