Asia-Pacific Conference 2019
May 22 @ 9:00 am - May 23 @ 5:00 pm
ASIA-PACIFIC CONFERENCE | 22-23 MAY 2019 | DOCKSIDE,SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
The Biometrics Institute is proud to present the Biometrics Institute Asia-Pacific Conference 2019, to be held in Sydney on 22-23 May. Now in its 18th year, the conference continues to bring together biometric users from key government agencies, private sector organisations, suppliers and academia to share ideas and discuss the opportunities biometrics offer.
The Biometrics Institute offers a very special environment for connecting a multi-stakeholder community, for sharing knowledge and for leading the debate on biometrics.
The adoption of biometrics is moving at a pace where the development of legislation and standards cannot always keep up with.
Proposed topics for the two day event include:
- Evidence of identy
- Digital identity and biometrics – how do we establish digital identity?
- Responsible and ethical use of biometrics – who owns my data?
- Government applications for biometrics – providing a seamless service to citizens
- Use of mobile biometrics in the seamless traveller journey
- Biometrics and national security
- Biometrics and cyber security
- Artificial intelligence
- Biometrics and payments
Confirmed speakers to date include NIST: National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Home Affairs, NSW Privacy Commissioner, and NSW Police. The programme is presently being confirmed and full details will be released shortly. Please check here for updates.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be involved in the program, if you are interested in sponsoring or you have questions on the Biometrics Institute.