Washington DC Member Meeting Sep 2018
WASHINGTON DC MEMBER MEETING | THURSDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2018 | 9.00AM-12.30PM
Kindly hosted by DHS OBIM
We invite our members and guests to attend our upcoming member meeting in Washington DC and to connect with our US biometrics community.
Please note these important registration deadlines:
- For non-US citizens - registration to be submitted by September 1.
- US citizens - registration to be submitted by September 7.
Privacy continues to be a key priority theme for the Institute and for this meeting, we have arranged a panel discussion to encourage dialogue around:
- Effective oversight of biometrics
- Face recognition technology
Moderator: John Kendall, Unisys and Biometrics Institute Privacy Expert Group
- Jim Loudermilk, IDEMIA and Biometrics Institute Advisory Council Member
- Jay Stanley, Senior Policy Analyst, American Civil Liberties Union
- Ryan Koder, System Business Operations Branch Chief, OBIM
- Mike Hardin, Director, Entry/Exit Policy and Planning, CBP
There will be several updates from other member organisations including:
- Updates from OBIM
Shonnie Lyon, Director, OBIM
- Mobility – the environment that biometrics need to adapt to in the future
Steve Thies, CEO, Integrated Biometrics
- Presentation Attacks
Erik Bowman, Northrop Grumman Technical Fellow
We would welcome your suggestions for hosting, future speakers or if you are interested in speaking at meetings, please email email@example.com.
Follow the conversation on twitter!
Office of Biometric Identity Management
1616 N. Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA 22209
Contact on the day: Nicky Tivnen +44 7966 144001
Biometrics Institute members attend free.
If you are interested in membership, please visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is essential in order to gain access to the venue. Please email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Registrations need to be finalized by the following deadlines in order to have access approved by OBIM:
For non-US citizens - registration to be submitted by September 1.
US citizens - registration to be submitted by September 7.
Please bring an official ID document to guarantee access.
Please note that preference is given to members. Non-members can register at the non-member fee but spaces will be subject to availability.