Australia Discussion Day: Strengthening trust in biometrics
Canberra, Australia (In-person conference)
30 November 2022
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Biometrics Institute mission is to promote the responsible and ethical use of biometric technology. Transparency and explainability are critical to strengthen public trust in the use of biometrics. Following our US Discussion Day in Washington DC on the 22 June 2022, we are continuing this important discussion about trust at this event in Canberra.
WHY THIS DISCUSSION IS CRITICAL
- Biometric programmes continue to expand
- Technology develops at high speed
- But not all biometrics applications are being implemented with due diligence
- As a result we have seen erosion of public trust
- More regulation for biometrics is needed
- There are tools to help address this challenge
More details to follow in the coming weeks.
The event will consists of short presentations, a roundtable discussion followed by industry perspectives addressing:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Key stakeholder groups
Details to follow soon.
A small number of guest tickets are available for regulators, congressional staffers and non-profit organisations. Please contact us to request one of these seats.
Sponsorship is available. Simply email us to find out more.
Please contact email@example.com to find out more about speaking, sponsoring and registration.
We look forward to welcoming you to this discussion day in November.