Promote responsible use
- Join us in our mission to implement biometrics responsibly and ethically
- Support our independent and impartial awareness campaigns to inform regulators, decision makers and the public
- Participate in diverse and balanced discussions at our events shaping the future
- Contribute to the development of good practice tools
- Align your organisation to a strong brand with more than 20 years of experience
- Connect with our international multi-stakeholder community including users, suppliers, academics, international organisations and privacy experts
- Expand your international network of contacts and strengthen partnerships
- Network at a broad range of high-quality events
- Raise your profile in the industry
Stay informed and learn
- Understand critical developments and its effects ahead of the game from the State of Biometrics Report and the Annual Industry Survey
- Access valuable information and resources from the website and Supplier Directory
- Share experiences with the global, multi-stakeholder biometrics community
- Receive regular industry updates from our E-newsletter and weekly News Digest
- Learn how to take advantage of the Biometrics Institute good practice tools e.g. Privacy Guidelines
- Attend regular and topical workshops and courses to learn from experts and practitioners
Why join the Biometrics Institute?
- We are independent, impartial and international
- We provide diverse and balanced viewpoints on key issues
- We have strong track-record with more than 20 years of experience
- We are professional with high-quality secretariat services
Please see below how we can help you and your organisations.
Need to learn? Check our good practice tools
Over the past 20 years we have developed, in close consultation with the Institute members, a range of good practice tools to help guide you through your biometric implementation. Hundreds of years of expertise from those who have been through their biometrics journey have been brought together in these reference and guiding documents which include amongst others the Privacy Guidelines, the Three Laws of Biometrics, the Top 10 Vulnerability Questions and most importantly the Good Practice Framework.
Need to connect? Attend our events and training
We have run hundreds of events over the past 20 years to facilitate the important dialogue on the responsible use, provide networking opportunities and a platform for the sharing of information and experiences. This includes an annual conference in Australia, Europe, UK and USA as well as regular workshops on specific topics such as technology or privacy and the very popular Member Meetings, now also in an online format. Check our calendar of events.
Need to know? See our information services on news and trends
We provide trusted and unbiased information to our members which includes a range of publications:
Quarterly e-Newsletter and weekly news digest
Annual Industry Survey
Annual State of Biometrics Report
Website information hub
Themed publications e.g. on COVID-19
Access past event presentations here!
Need to be heard? Participate in our awareness campaigns
We are working closely with members to issue awareness campaigns e.g. the 20-year Anniversary Report or the Should we ban Facial Recognition Viewpoint Paper.
There are branding opportunities available to our members at our events.
Members can use the Biometrics Institute logo to promote their membership.
We also encourage members to engage with us on social media.