Important reasons to become a member of the Biometrics Institute:
- Promote the responsible & ethical use of biometrics
- Connect with experts in the biometrics industry from around the globe
- Access valuable information and resources
- Attend our global conferences at significantly discounted member rates, and attend regional member meetings for free.
- Network and share experiences with the global, multi-stakeholder biometrics community
- Raise your profile in the industry
- Understand critical developments and its effects ahead of the game.
- Expand your international network of contacts
- Connect with the whole industry: users, suppliers, academics and privacy experts
- Share information with the industry about good-practice and innovation
- Network at a broad range of high-quality events
- Develop and strengthen your industry contacts
- Biometrics Institute good-practice Privacy Guidelines
- Biometrics Institute good-practice “Understanding Biometrics” Guide
- Top 10 Vulnerability Questions
- Expert briefings from our Expert and Sector Groups
- Range of high-quality meetings, events and training
- Annual Industry Survey
- Online Resources
- Supplier Directory
- Blog with industry updates and insights
Shape the Future of Biometrics
- Discuss priority themes and key messages
- Provide a platform for dialogue to shape the debate on the responsible use of biometrics
- Contribute to and benefit from thought-leadership and good-practices
- Stay ahead of developments
- Lead the debate with us shape the future of biometrics
Be represented by the Biometrics Institute
- We are independent, impartial and international
- Professional and high-quality secretariat services
- We provide the independent collective voice that is leading the industry
- Align your organisation to a strong brand with more than 18 years of experience
Download Information Brochure
Benefits for Our Members
The Biometrics Institute offers a large range of informative services, as listed here on this page, including guidance and thought leadership materials, blogs, events and our various expert groups. Below are some additional services available to members:
Online Resource Library
Have you recently visited our online resource library? We regularly add articles, white papers, research papers, and other informative resources to the online library. Once logged in, members can search for resources by specific topics and even upload their own papers and research. Enjoy reading!
Capability Surveys & Briefing Day for Members
Where appropriate, we will be delighted to work with our members on surveys that will help promote the responsible use of biometrics. Our extensive network of contacts from around the world provides a rich source of data. Members can engage us to develop a straightforward online questionnaire to survey our contact base. One to one meetings with specific suppliers or a briefing day can then be arranged.
Special University Subscription to our Member Services is Available
Universities and research institutions are encouraged to participate in our network and exchange information on the latest biometric studies. Find out more about this category of subscription and the benefits here. We have established an Academic Research & Innovation Group to help share relevant developments from the research community with the biometrics industry, government and the public.
Queries From Members: Our Support Service
Drawing on our network of biometrics experts and years of experience, we aim to connect, support and educate members wherever possible.
As a member, you can access the member meeting presentations from all regions. You can view them here!
The Biometrics Institute offers a mailing list to its members. Subscribers to this list receive updates on any biometric related news, research or reports.
Members Can Use the Biometrics Institute Logo
We have created a ‘Member of Biometrics Institute’ logo and invite members to add it to their website and display it on their marketing materials (one of our supplier members recently added it to the banners at their exhibition booth). We also encourage members to tweet about membership with us, mention it in tender submissions or issue a press release – we would be delighted to work with members on any drafts.