University and Research Subscriptions are available to research institutions *(non-commercial nor government agency nor linked (perceived to be linked) in any form to a commercial business) and universities which are conducting research in the area of biometrics, identity management systems and surveillance. The institution is required to nominate a main contact and three secondary contacts who will benefit from the Biometrics Institute member services.
The main and secondary contacts must be full-time employees or students of the research institution/university. The same also applies to any of the attendees at events. Discounts for events are for university lecturers, students and employees of research institutions.
This subscription does not confer voting rights within the Biometrics Institute. Subscriptions may only be conferred at the discretion of the Board.
This subscription offers:
- Free access to Biometrics Institute member meetings for up to 4 people (subject to availability)
- Member/Student rates for conferences, seminars and other workshops
- Opportunity to present the latest research to industry at Biometrics Institute events (subject to available speaking slots)
- Publish research via the Biometrics Institute’s communication channels
- Gain insights into areas that may require further research
- Facilitate collaborative research, development and evaluation work