ID @ Borders & Future of Travel 11-12 April 2019 In Cooperation with OSCE
April 11 - April 12
This annual event provides an independent and impartial forum for the multitude of players managing identities along the end-to-end border and travel continuum. This year we are absolutely delighted to be partnering with the OSCE. This gathering will be held at their headquarters, The Hofburg in Vienna and this partnership will bring a whole new audience with challenges and opportunities – an exciting initiative for us to bring our established network together with this market.
We shall keep this website updated and will be sending you agenda updates. However, we encourage you to register now in order to secure a place at this meeting. Vienna’s accommodation is also quite hectic during this period, so we encourage you to book your hotel shortly.
The focus for the conference is on collaboration, on industry development, on future initiatives and the responsible use of biometrics. It follows 3 key themes
Seamless travel and the secure and effective movement of people, with topics such as:
- What role do biometrics play in in the travel continuum and creating seamless travel?
- Preventing criminal activity and terrorism
- Privacy and legal risks – sharing data between government, public and commercial entities
- Integration and collaboration
- National security and how to share data between countries – privacy and data management
Identifying and creating capabilities for secure border management
- Air, land and sea border security
- Working with existing technology and infrastructure
- Technology innovation
- Intelligence programmes
- Immigration and visa procedures
- Vulnerabilities and testing
Secure documents and the establishment of identity – proving entitlement
- Using secure documents to establish identity
- What standards and regulation are needed for digital identities?
- Biometric verification of the documents
The event will be held under Chatham House Rule and will be off-the-record (no media) to facilitate open dialogue between our members and stakeholders.
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, European Agency for Operational Management of Large-scale Information Systems, European Commission – eu-LISA
Philippe van Triel, Policy Officer, European Commission
Fares Rahmun, IT-Project Manager, EU VIS and Smart Borders, Federal Office of Administration (BVA Bundesverwaltungsamt, Germany)
- Frank Steffens, Head of Product Management and Business Development, Secunet
- Matt Schneider, Director, Entry/Exit Transformation Office, US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Karen Tso, Deputy Director, NHQ – Admissibility; Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship, Canada (IRCC)
Anne-Maria Seesma, United Nations Security Council – Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (UNCTED), United Nations
David Grauel, Program Manager, Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), Dept. of Homeland Security, USA
Roger Baldwin, Advisory Board, Biometrics Institute and Director, ID Transnational Consultancy
Martin George, Consultant – Digital Solutions, OVD Kinegram
- Heidrum Holin, Senior Project Manager, and Fabian Rupietta, Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- Glen Wimbury, Tech and Innovations Lead, Future Borders Programme, Cross-Government Border Delivery Group, Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), UK
- Hans de Moel, Director, Biometrics Institute & Innovation Officer, KMar, Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (KMar Schiphol) – Ministry of Defence
The conference spans the whole border and travel continuum and will be attended by organisations and experts involved or interested in:
- Borders, Customs and Immigration (border agencies, government)
- Passports and ID cards
- Civil registration, birth certificates, voter registration
- Travel and tourism
- Aviation, rail, maritime and travel industry
Also in attendance will be international and humanitarian organisations, regulators, biometric suppliers as well as academics from around the globe.
If you are interested in speaking or sponsorship opportunities, or have questions regarding the Biometrics Institute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|User||610 GBP||1065 GBP|
|Supplier||1010 GBP||1675 GBP|