- This event has passed.
Online member meeting: Good practices for biometrics at the border
28 April 2020, 13:00-15:00
Biometrics Institute events provide an extremely important platform for the dialogue between our members and key stakeholders committed to the responsible and ethical use of biometrics.
As the world faces new and unprecedented challenges and opportunities, building a resilient community and continuing our conversations on good practices has never been more important.
Due to the coronavirus, we have postponed our ID@Borders Conference from April to October 2020.
But in response to the success of our extraordinary online meeting in March, part of our US Conference, we are now planning more webinars to keep that dialogue moving.
This is a free event discussing biometrics at the border for Biometrics Institute members.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (eu-LISA)
- Matt Schneider, Director, Land Border Integration and Biometrics Division, Planning, Program Analysis and Evaluation, Office of Field Operations, US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), USA
- Els Kindt, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium and Universiteit Leiden, Netherlands
- Rein Suld, Program Manager, IT Development Center, Ministry of Interior, Estonia
- Jean-Philippe Morange, Senior Legal Officer, United Nations Security Council Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (UNCTED)
- Ann-Charlotte Nygard – Head of Unit, Technical Assistance and Capacity Building, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), Austria
This meeting is free to attend to our members.
The recording from this meeting will be available shortly and free to download to all our members. Please check Information Hub to access all resources and recordings from our online events.
Want to join the discussion? Join the Biometrics Institute now.
If you would like more information, have comments on the events or have an interest in sponsorship, please email email@example.com.