- This event has passed.
Online member meeting: Responsible and ethical use of biometrics in a crisis – where should we draw the line?
27 May 2020, 16:30-18:00
Biometrics Institute events provide an extremely important platform for the dialogue between our members and key stakeholders committed to the responsible and ethical use of biometrics.
As the world faces new and unprecedented challenges and opportunities, building a resilient community and continuing our conversations on good practices has never been more important.
But in response to the success of our extraordinary online meeting in March, part of our US Conference, we are now planning more webinars to keep that dialogue moving.
This is a free event for Biometrics Institute members. It will take place at 16:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time and discuss where the line should be drawn for using biometrics responsibly and ethically in a crisis, like the one we are currently experiencing.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Quek Sin Kwok, Senior Director of NDI, GovTech Singapore
- Edward Santow, Australian Human Rights Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Andrew Rice, First Assistant Secretary, Identity and Biometrics Division, Security and Resilience Group, Department of Home Affairs, Australia
- Mardi Hall, Director, Support Identity and Transformation, Business Integrity Division, Services Australia
- Paul Cross, Head of Future Direction Group, Biometrics Institute
- Terry Hartmann, Member, Future Direction Group, Biometrics Institute
- Michael O’Connell, Member, Future Direction Group, Biometrics Institute
- Lyria Bennett Moses, Professor, University of New South Wales
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to join the discussion? Join the Biometrics Institute now.