- This event has passed.
Online meeting: Biometrics, hygiene and adapting in a time of crisis
25 June 2020, 12:00-15:00
7:00 EDT (New York)
12:00 BST (London)
19:00 SGT (Singapore)
21:00 AEST (Sydney)
Biometrics Institute events provide an extremely important platform for the dialogue between our members and key stakeholders committed to the responsible and ethical use of biometrics.
As the world faces new and unprecedented challenges and opportunities, building a resilient community and continuing our conversations on good practices has never been more important.
In response to our members requests and the need for adaption with the crisis we face we are shining a spotlight on hygiene and biometrics.
The meeting will be divided into two parts, a discussion on biometrics, hygiene and contactless and then a focus on responsible and ethical use for biometrics at a time of crisis, asking, how do we get this right?
Confirmed presenters include:
- Thirimachos Bourlai, Member, Academic Research and Innovation Group, Biometrics Institute
- Patrick Grother, Biometric Standards and Testing Lead, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Sam Jefferies, Senior Registration and Identity Management Officer, UNHCR – The UN Refugee Agency
- Niall McCann, Policy Advisor, Legal Identity, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Alexandra Tarasova-Cammareri, Regional SCOPE Coordinator – Beneficiary Services, World Food Programme
Your questions and interaction in the chatroom are very much encouraged to guide the discussion.
Discussion sessions focus on:
Biometrics and hygiene – is contactless the only answer?
- What smart phone based options exist?
- What about other modalities?
- Testing & privacy
- Are policy changes required?
Responsible and ethical use for biometrics in a crisis – how do we get this right?
- What are the potential risks around biometrics and how can they be addressed – balancing security, health and privacy risks
- How can we ensure the continuation of biometrics that is good for society?
Many thanks to our sponsor:
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this meeting. These include speaking, panel participation and advertising opportunities.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the meeting will take place from 12:00 -15:00 BST (UK time)
Members – FREE
Non-members – GBP250