Since 2019 we have signed formal agreements with a limited number of international organisations, granting them observer status.
This enables organisations like UNICEF, The World Bank and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to benefit from the work we do and for us to collaborate with them in reaching new regions and groups. In 2017 we began our ongoing work with the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Executive Directorate (UNCTED) and the Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) to create a compendium for the responsible use of biometrics to counter terrorism, and we look forward to new partnerships with our other observers in the future.
Our 11 international observers are:
- European Commission – Directorate General for Human Resources and Security
European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (eu-LISA)
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Security Council – Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (UNCTED)
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Bank Group