Trust begins with education
The Biometrics Essentials learning tool exemplifies the transformative power of education in fostering trust in technology. The award-shortlisted learning tool was developed with industry stakeholders and learning experts, including the highly respected Dr Sandra Leaton Gray, applied educational sociologist and Associate Professor of Education at UCL. The course empowers learners with knowledge and understanding, to pave the way for responsible and ethical use of biometrics. It’s easy to understand and provides an educational overview based on the ethics and good practices that should be considered when implementing a biometric system.
“In a world increasingly shaped by technological advancements, education remains the bedrock of trust and understanding, enabling us to navigate the complexities of the digital age with informed choices and a commitment to ethical principles.”
Isabelle Moeller, CEO of the Biometrics Institute.
Benefits of the Biometrics Essentials learning tool
- Gain insight into the complex decision-making processes involved in implementing biometrics, as well as the impact these decisions can have on biometric users
- Understand the Institute’s Good Practice Framework, which is a risk and decision-making management tool
- Explore real-world examples of biometric systems
- Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule
- It takes approximately an hour and you’ll receive a personalised certificate on completion
Who should take the Biometrics Essentials learning tool?
The Biometrics Essentials Learning Tool is for anyone interested in learning more about biometrics, including:
- Professionals working in the public and private sector who are involved in the implementation or use of biometrics
- Students who are interested in pursuing a career in biometrics
- The public interested in learning more about this emerging technology
How to access the Biometrics Essentials learning tool
The Biometrics Essentials Learning Tool is available for free on the Biometrics Institute website.